Monday, November 17, 2008

First things First

I am here to give you the scoop on EVERYTHING NIGERIAN.

Well not actually EVERYTHING. Just things I know about. The list is as follows:
- Nigerian music
- Nigerian movies
- Nigerian politics
- Nigerian big boys and big girls

& whatever else I feel like talking about.

I will not get into anything serious today. After all, we have just met & I am one to take it slow.

I WILL however, just throw this out there. NIGERIANS SHOULD BE ASHAMED that we were so avidly involved (obsessed even) by an election where not ONE of our votes would count or make a difference. How bout taking all that energy, spending all the money used to purchase the Obama shirts & billboards we saw scattered about Nigeria, using all the time we spent glued to the television watching what was going on in America and investing it in Nigeria? America works because Americans take care of America first. Nigerians are too busy running abroad and not investing enough in home. When will our bright minds return? When will our youth see that Nigeria is actually a great land of opportunity & has the potential to be JUST like the UNITED STATES if we just show her a little respect. If we give her a little nurture. If we look at ourselves and raise hell to elect better leaders that want to do everything to make NIGERIA as a whole prosper not just the head officials respective states?

My solution: Nigerians with an IQ of above 100 should not be allowed to exit the country. Lets hold them hostage & maybe we might see seem improvement. ( calm down I am only kidding).

On a lighter note: The MAMA awards are just around the corner. For those of you who aren't in the know, MAMA is the MTV AFRICA MUSIC AWARDS. The very first one will be held in Abuja next week. Lets get ready to see what goes on. Go & vote if you haven't! http://www.mama.mtvbase.com/

2 comments:

Sisem E. Naidem said...

Gotcha! We need to talk... SERIOUSLY...

Serum said...

and what, dear sir would you like to discuss? I am an open book & I am inviting you to my round table.